Wednesday, June 10, 2009

cinnamon crumble coffee cake - big oven

My Comments: I decided to bake these because my roommates were craving them. They turned out great! But the recipe called for 30 minutes of bake-time, and that was not enough. I had to keep taking it out and sticking it into the oven for ten minutes that I actually lost track of how many times I did that! I think I did that around four times, so I estimate that the bake time is 50 minutes. Anyway, the inside turned out cakey and nice, and the crumbs on top were perfectly sweet, crumbly, and cinnamon-y! I sifted powdered sugar on the top of the cake. Everyone raved about it in my apartment!



Ingredients

5 cups flour or 1/2 cup all purpose and 1/2 cup Bisquick
3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 1/8 milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 stick of cold butter
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup nuts ground

Instructions

Oven Temp: 400F / 200C / Gas Mark 7

1. Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add in the oil.

2. Divide this mixture - one half slightly larger than the other - into 2 bowls.

3. In the smaller portion add the eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well until free of lumps ( mixture will be thin ). Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan.

3. In the larger portion add the butter, cinnamon & nuts. Mix with hands , making crumbs, leaving some large crumbs.

4. Bake for 25-30 minutes till browned. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Angry face



2 comments:

  1. haha these look so legit in the pictures

    im glad i was able to have some before they disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn these do look legit. You remind me of a rachel ray. haha. you should actually sell your baked goods and make money out of them. no joke.

    ReplyDelete